Muffins have become a staple in our household. They are a perfect snack, and a great way to use up ingredients in your fridge! These GF Zucchini Muffins come together so quickly, are light and delicious and are full of fiber and goodness! The recipe can easily be doubled or halfed, and they will keep for about a week stored properly. They also freeze really well!
Key ingredient benefits:
Oats: high in fiber, antioxidants and complex carbohydrates, meaning they will break down slowly to help keep your blood sugar balanced. They are also packed with important vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, iron, folate and zinc.
Flax seed: rich in omega-3 fatty acids (the good fats!), soluble AND insoluble fiber and helps promote healthy skin and hair!
Zucchini: a great source of key nutrients including vitamins A and C, magnesium, folate and dietary fiber.
Almond Butter: a healthier alternative to peanut butter, and an excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium, calcium and copper. It is also full of healthy fats!
Here's the recipe!
1.5 cups oat flour
1.5 tbsp. ground flax seed
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Himalayan pink salt
2 eggs (at room temperature)
1/3 + 1 tbsp cup smooth almond butter
3 tbsp. raw honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 bananas, mashed (ripe is best!)
1 medium zucchini, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well
3. Add eggs, almond butter, honey and vanilla to dry mixture and ensure fully combined
4. Stir in bananas and zucchini
5. Add a handful of quality, dark chocolate chips (optional)
6. Scoop evenly into muffin pan, filling each about 3/4 of the way up
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes (depending on your oven - test with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean)